GIS Database Design
gi Perspective provide GIS Database Design solutions, recommending, scoping and building the most appropriate spatial database for any given project.
Why a GIS Database?
- The design of the appropriate GIS database is a critical element of an overall successful GIS strategy.
- A suitable data model is required to efficiently store, query and manage the spatial data.
How do we deliver a GIS Database?
- We consult, advise, design and create the GIS database which best matches the size and nature of the client requirement.
- Alternatively, we can design and create a GIS database that uses your existing server software stack or cloud solution.
- After a high-level conceptual model is agreed, a more detailed logical design is created.
- The database model is implemented into the chosen environment.
- Data is imported and logical, topological and completeness tests are applied.
Types of GIS Database we provide
- ArcGIS File and Enterprise Geodatabases
- Open Source databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- SQL Server and Oracle
- Microsoft Azure
Experts in Geographic Information Systems
gi Perspective provides organisations of all shapes and sizes with geographic information and digital mapping solutions, utilising our staff's breadth of experience to exceed customer expectations.
See our GIS Services
GIS Data Migration Exercise for Welsh Government
Digitising of map and text-based registers for all Common Land and Town and Village Greens throughout Wales
GIS Consultancy for Kingston University
Bespoke GIS consultancy and spatial dataset creation for Biodoversity mapping
GIS Database Creation for Renewable Energy sector
Digitising of lines and points for use in ArcGIS software
GIS Database Design – European Commission
Statistical database design delivered under Framework Contract